Professionally designed worm farms for easy worm farming.
Our worm farms have been designed and perfected over the years and are easy to use.
Our farms are priced at R1150.00. This price includes everything you need to start your farm; worms, manual, lid, bedding, safety net and bins!
We use recycled plastics (high density polypropylene and polyethylene) for our worm composting bins.
The advantages of the plastic we use in the construction of our worm farms are:
- Good insulation properties
- Water proof: will not rot, swell, crack or be eaten like wooden farms do
- Chemically inert: will not harm the worms
- Light and easy to maintain
Our farms consist of:
- A drain tray with a tap for easy drainage of liquid worm tea
- Two worm composting bins with special insect proof ventilation holes
- A domed lid. Our lid is specially molded and fits snugly over the top of the farm preventing water wash through. Many cheaper farms do not have a decent lid and will flood during a rainstorm. A badly fitting lid will give easy access to flies and other undesirable bugs. Make sure the lid covers your farm properly.
- 1000 worms (1500 worms while our special lasts)
- Instruction manual
The assembled worm farm should be placed on a raised surface (like a few bricks or a table) and may be installed inside or outside in a well shaded area. The farms assembled size is 64cm long x 40cm wide x 60 cm high and each tray holds 27 liters.